Learning Horizon | For Learners

ASP.NET, SQL SERVER, JQUERY,JAVASCRIPT, WEBSPHERE

Monday 18 February 2013

Unable to drag and drop stored procedure or table onto dbml designer

Today I have decided to write this tutorial because two of the time I’ve got this problem after I installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 on my office PC.

Problem:-

The problem was that after installing VS 2010 I opened the dbml file and try to drag and drop the stored procedure but it didn't allow me to drag and drop the stored procedure or table as well. Then I reset the setting of the visual studio but got no success. So after searching from one of the link.

Solution:-

I found that it is due to one of the DLL files of Visual Studio. Probably it happens because of  DLL file could not found or loaded because of the version of DLL So I take it from one of my colleagues (because we have the same version installed on all systems in our office) and replace the existing DLL with this one and it works for me. The behind is you have to look for the DLL version and is 32 bit or 64 bit depending upon your installation.

The path to replace the DLL is shown below:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Visual Database Tools\dsref80.dll 

3 comments:

  1. i reoladced the dll file but still can't drag tables . any solution??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are reloading the same(version) DLL again that is why you are not successfull. Try and get the older(means one or two version old DLL) file.

      Delete
  2. yeah...nice it's working thanks

    ReplyDelete

Please do not enter spam links.