Learning Horizon | For Learners

ASP.NET, SQL SERVER, JQUERY,JAVASCRIPT, WEBSPHERE

Thursday 17 October 2013

COM Class Factory for Component Failed Due to Error 800703fa

In this tutorial I am going to talk about this nasty error "Retrieving the COM class factory for component failed"

Background of the problem is that we've used third party dll in our website to provider interface to clients to pay their bills online. One fine day we've got this strange error in our running application.

Exception Details:-


System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {E973A9DF-8CC6-4A66-802B-39703FD0620B} failed due to the error: 800703fa

After searching a lot from Google I came to know that every body having this problem has his own story that how error comes and how they solved their problem but after reading few ones finally I stopped searching and done a simple thing which solve my problem.I thought I should write on it so may be someone gets help through my writing. Here is my solution in two simple and easy steps:

  1.  Reset your IIS by using iisreset command.
  2.  Register your third party DLL on server again. In my case it was LpiCom_6_0.dll.
If anybody don't know how to register DLL . Please visit my post on how to enable/register dll file.

Hope this tutorial will be helpful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not enter spam links.