Learning Horizon | For Learners

ASP.NET, SQL SERVER, JQUERY,JAVASCRIPT, WEBSPHERE

Monday 7 September 2015

Unable to Find an Entry Point Named 'gsapi_new_instance' for DLL 'gsdll32.dll'.

Today I was working on converting pdf files to image with the help of GhostScript and for doing so I have installed GhostScript but when I run my code it was giving me error “Unable to find an entry point named 'gsapi_new_instance' in DLL 'gsdll32.dll'.

How I Resolve GhostScript DLL Error

I’ve search it on internet and found that I have to run “PM> Install-Package GhostScriptSharp” this command in visual studio package manager console and install ghost script sharp package.so I have run this command but even after that error was not resolved. After that I have taken below steps to solve my problem and thought to share with you.
Steps you should take to resolve this error are as follows:
  1. Please first check/verify that pdf ghost script dll is installed on your system or not??
    Path : C:\Program Files (x86)\gs\gs8.64\bin\ gsdll32.dll
  2. Install ghost script sharp on your system if not present.
  3. Add reference to your project from installed path. In my case it was C:\Program Files (x86)\gs\gs8.64\bin\ gsdll32.dll
  4. In case you are unable to add reference or any error occur then copy this dll from insalled path and past it into your project bin folder.
Hope it will resolve your issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not enter spam links.